maandag 21 augustus 2017

Travelling around and busking! Streetmusic and beggars...

Hi Folks,
This is a really special edition of my life.
It's been half a century ;) that i have been travelling, hitch hiking, living from music... I was really young then...
But this summer I did it again! I was really really surprised that many people liked what i was doing.
It took me a few months to think about this adventure, I was not sure I could do this after so many years.
Figueras, Spain
It just happened to me because I bought a trainticket to Avignon from Amsterdam for only 50 euros but for this ticket  i had to travel on Saturday. I had to be on Wednesday in Spain, though,  to pick up my daughters, so I was too early. Then I decided to take my guitar and play in the streets from that Saturday untill Wednesday. Some of my friends stimulated me to do this, I was a bit nervous but it worked out great.
I decided to focus on the music and just sit down in  small streets and sing.
I was surprised many people liked what i was doing. From young people to old people. From rich to poor.
Yes, after only one day I knew almost every beggar and artist in the centre of Avignon. And they knew me.
And yes, I know the life of beggars is though, I have been there, you kow.
 Still, the atmosphere was really great and beggars and the addicted where really really nice to me. They gave me coins or thumb ups, and yes, I had to do this. I HAVE to do this. I don't know why, but it's my life. I sang in the streets when i was young and i travelled like a gipsy and i survived this really though life, it's all about surviving.
But now i am older and i have children and i have a home and a job. So its different. Still, i feel everyday i can loose everything i love and i can loose every security of my life.
I just need a guitar. And sing.
on my way to Spain ( Port Bou) 
The French like my voice, thank god, and the Spanish had to get used to it for half an hour and then they started to appreciate...
I sing old songs, I sing with a really high voice, it sounds a bit like Joan Baez. I sing folk, simon and Garfunkel, Sandy Denny, that kind of stuff. I can live from the money people give me.


More important is that i could teach my daughters how life works in the street. They saw how their mother sang in the street and how people reacted. How really poor people contact me.... How really poor people can be nice untill 3 pm. After that it's gonna be different, because many beggars start to get drunk or something... But still... it depends on the person. There are nice people, there are stupid people. Most of the time not dangerous. Be clear, be honest.
Yes, I learned a lot, this summer and I am excited about it.
Sorya, a beautiful girl of the street

Perpigna, i met this great singer of the band "Lazzy Bird"
Lazzy Bird @Perpignan
Bonjour! 

little old Spanish men who liked to play my guitar
Children who listened to my music
a nice woman who asked me to sing 'Suzanne" for her 
some people liked to be on a photo with me

on Place Pie, Avignon. First coffee!

Like the old times... counting and paying with little coins
 You can watch me here, singing in the streets:Blackwaterside

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Translate