vrijdag 13 januari 2017

It was hard but it went all right...

Yeah, these are the gigs, my friend...
So we had this gig at café De Doelen in the centre of Amsterdam and everything seemed to be allright. We were going to stream our performance for the first time and i was quiet excited about it.
But just when I wanted to leave home I discovered my guitar didn't make any connection with my Roland cube. I just put a new battery, the cable seemed to be allright, but my guitar refused to make any sound... And when I tried my other guitar, the sound system didn't work either.And then i was looking for my third guitar but this one I left at my school which is an hour away from centre... So I started to panic a little bit, it was already 7 pm and I had a sound check at 7.30. I called some other musicians and thank god, one of them had a guitar for me.
Had to cycle to the west but not that far. I arrived at the café at 8 pm and when I arrived I asked the barmaid for internet. But then she said: Sorry, no internet!  So that's why we couldn't do the live streaming and so I had to mail and app all my friends to tell them, but I forgot my glasses and didn't see a thing on my phone.... So I am so sorry if you didn't get the message that everything went wrong! I was pretty stressed, but  fortunallity some good friends showed up and I drank some coffee and wine and relaxed a little bit.  The soundsystem  turned out to be quit well and finally we could start playing for a nice audience.
It was a surprise that Francesco showed up with his mandoline and he played the second set with us, we had really fun together and so the night turned out to be a great night, thanks to Mario and Francesco and our friends and audience and ofcourse the nice barmaid. Always like to play at this café, so hope to be back soon.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Translate