vrijdag 20 mei 2016

upcoming gigs

Hi folks!

So, yeah, I am really busy with my work as a schoolteacher but still there are coming up some interesting gigs!

Last Saturday we played at the Pekmarkt, always good to play in the street and rehearse new and old songs! But we also had a great gig at Einde van de Wereld, we played a set of more then an hour and we couldn't hardly stop. It was interesting how we started with some uptempo songs and ended with the ballads. Usually it's the other way, but people got more quiet as they finished their dinner and started more and more listening to what I was playing.  It was a great night and the crew of this cool restaurant was very enthousiastic, sweet, sympathic and all that stuff  and sure we will come back there soon!

We (=Mario and me)  also played at Camping Vliegenbos in Amsterdam-Noord. The host was Cindy Peress and she will organize open mics the whole summer. On June 4th we will play a whole set of 45 minutes and I am really looking forward to it because this campside is such a nice place. I know it for longtime since I live really close to this place ( just 10 minutes walk). The camping has a nice little bar, looks like a living-room and has a very nice crew ( crew of bars is always very important to me, they influence the atmosphere).
I am very into the campings this year, because I will play at the open mic at Camping Seedune on the little island of Schiermonnikoog. This island is in the north of The Netherlands and there is a little festival where I will play ( weekend of 23 and 24th of JuLy, SchierSongFestival)

In August (23rd) I will play at another Camping, it's the camping at Bakkum, a pretty famous camping because lots of Dutch people (most from Amsterdam) camp there almost every weekend, it's a almost little village, and has a very nice atmosphere.
At Camping Vliegenbos in Amsterdam

Anyway here are some more places where I will play like The Vorstin in Hilversum at May 29th, in the afternoon.
But the best news of all is that I will make a new one-track CD in the first weekend of June.
I will play as much songs as I have written and I will play them in just one track and I will play together with my good friend and bassman Mario. I hope to release the CD at Schiermonnikoog this summer.

In the meantime I like to tell you I have been to the Conservatory of Amsterdam and I followed some lessons there. It was about teaching music to children. In the past I studied at the Conservatory of Groningen but this is a long time ago so I am looking for a new study. I hope I can start this course in January 2017, but not sure yet if this is possible. My school director is  really supporting me but I have to find out what the possibility s are for me. I will tell you more about it later!

Finally I would like to tell you I have another nice gig will be in September 9, in café The Pianist! But I'll keep in touch with you and tell you more about it when we are almost there :)
Please contact me if you would like to come over and listen! I buy you a bear or a wine or a cup of tea if you want because I am always happy if you come over to meet me.
Love,
Annette / vogelannette@yahoo.com

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Translate